Sunday, January 11, 2009

My Snow Men

We have gotten so much snow lately and Ethan has just been dying to get out there and play in it. Every time we go out to get in the car or when we return home he runs out of the garage and immediately goes straight to the snow. The other day I decided to get him all decked out in his snow gear and let him play in it till his heart's content. I even walked him down the street to where Cassidy and a friend were sledding. Cass took him on the sled with her and he LOVED it. He just kept saying "more, more". He had the time of his life!!


He wants to be like his dad and brothers and shovel the snow!


Every time Ethan would stick his hands down in the snow the snow would stick to his mittens and he would come up with these huge snowballs. He thought it was so funny!

I think the snowsuit added about 20 pounds!

Ethan discovered the fun of eating the snow!


I have mentioned before how helpful my twins are around the house. They love to help and do a great job at it. They are anxiously awaiting the day when they are old enough to mow the lawn, but for now shoveling the snow will have to do. One day it was snowing really hard and they wanted to go out and shovel. I kept telling them to wait till the snow let up a bit. Finally after about an hour of them begging to go shovel I gave in. How can you say no to that? The other day Cassidy and Spencer got home from school and Kaden wasn't with them. They told me that he had stayed outside to shovel. I opened the door and there he was shoveling with his backpack on. He hadn't even bothered to take it off! They have been loving all the snow and I have been loving all the help!

7 comments:

Kelsey said...

You have got a lot of snow... holy shmolie!

Jenna said...

Can your boys come over and give my boys a lesson. I wish mine were such eager helpers. Too cute!

Jill said...

Looks like cold fun! It is nice weather here but we sure miss all our friends. The boys are getting anxious to come home but we will be here until the 27th. Love the snow pictures.

Carrie said...

Seeing these pictures actually make me a little jealous of the snow. I'm sure I'll get by fill in February and be ready to come home to mid 70's :)

Jodi said...

For some reason that last picture hit a chord with me. Maybe it was a glimpse into the future for me!

Brindy said...

Hey Linda! Thanks so much for the Christmas card you send each year...I unfortunately am a slacker in that area. :) Life is just too crazy! I'm going through my PILES of stuff on my counter and I saved your card so I could make sure we still had your right address and save your blog. Your boys are getting so big! I'm glad everything is going well for you -- I'll try to do better at keeping in touch. :)

Brittany said...

how cute! I love seeing kids in there snow gear - esp babies! haha! gabe loves the snow too and throws a tantrum every time we have to go in!