Monday, July 20, 2009

A Sad Goodbye

We had to say goodbye to my sister,Laura, on Friday. She is headed off to St. Louis, Missouri with her hubby. He is starting medical school there next month. Now all my sisters live out of state and I hate it! Luckily I am surrounded by great friends who help to fill that void!
Laura and I decided to have a final girls day together before she left. We went out to lunch and then shopped till we dropped! Cassidy tagged along and unfortunately she loves to shop as much as I do! We had a great time together just us girls.
I wanted to surprise Laura with a little going away party so I invited what little family we have left in Utah over for dinner. I really thought Laura suspected something, but she was completely surprised when she saw all of us. It was great!!
We hung out with Laura and Jon one final time and I gave Laura a going away pedicure!! Then came Friday when we had to actually say goodbye. I was dreading it. There were lots of tears, but we survived. We are going to miss having them so close and hanging out with them, and of course the free babysitting!! We are so happy for them and all the exciting adventures that life has in store for them!

*My not-so-good attempt at pictures at Laura's surprise party. I was too busy hosting to remember pictures!!


Laura and Jon with my nieces


Ethan chillin' on Jon. He LOVES Jon and I am so sad that my kids won't see them very much.

The kids with Laura and Jon just before they left for Missouri

3 comments:

Carrie said...

I'm sad we missed it, but it looks like you guys had a lot of fun :)

Julie said...

We're going to miss them too! I keep forgettin to tell Laura, but on our way home Liza asked, "when I grow up will I be as pretty as Aunt Laura?" Isn't that so sweet! Chris even said he doesn't think he has seen Laura look so happy or beautiful - he said she had a "glow" about her . . must be marriage and a new baby on the way :-).

Project 2010 Download said...

With all of the new updates and visual enhancements of Project Standard 2010, Project Professional 2010 delivers more with at-a-glance resource management and team collaboration tools using Microsoft SharePoint Foundation 2010, to successfully complete all types of projects. And, utilising Microsoft Project Professional 2010 Download, you and your organisation can realise the results of unified project and portfolio management by adding Microsoft Project Server 2010.