Monday, March 23, 2009

Terrific Two's(hopefully!)

Ethan turned 2 yesterday! I am in complete denial that my "baby" isn't a baby anymore. These last two years have flown by. Ethan has brought so much joy and laughter into our home. He is so loved by his brothers and sister. They spoil him with lots of attention--sometimes too much! I LOVE having some time alone with Ethan in the mornings while the kids are at school. He is my little buddy and I love him so much!
Here are some pics from his birthday:

Reading books with Grandma and Cassie. This boy LOVES books!

He was a pro at opening presents!

Cass, Kaden and Spencer rummaged through their old toys and wrapped them up for Ethan.

The cake(it's supposed to be a fish if you can't tell!) I gave Ethan the choice of a fish cake or a race car cake. He of course wanted the race car cake, but then I ended up doing the fish because it was so much easier and required less time. I figured he is still too young to care and we will do the other cake next year!

Trying to blow those candles out!

He was trying so hard to get the candles out--I love the look on his face. He looks like he is going to cry he is blowing so hard. In the end he was successful in getting them out!

He LOVED the cake! He made a mess, but enjoyed himself!

Here is Ethan telling me how old he is. He says "two", but will only hold up one finger. So funny!

Playing with his new shake and go racetrack. He is obsessed with this toy!

Another one of his obsessions--dinosaurs!


Happy Birthday Ethan! We love you!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

What a cutie! Looks like he had a great 2nd bday. Why do they grow up so fast? Our little guy is already 2months--time just flies by. Happy Birthday Ethan.

Julie said...

Happy Birthday Baby Ethan - he'll always be a baby to us! Loves and Kisses from you cousins :-).

Jenna said...

Can't believe 2 is already here...it really seems like yesterday we were pregnant together! Look at you with the fancy cake! Such a good mom! Looks like Ethan had a great birthday!

Brooke said...

Happy Birthday, Ethan!!! He has lost so much of his baby face. That picture of him trying to blow out his candles made me so sad.

Jill said...

sweet little ethan , love that little guy and i can't believe he is two!!! Oaklee is going to be there soon I'm dying, that is too fast.

Jodi said...

What a cute little boy. I love that his siblings love him so much too. Nice cake- way to go! I don't do cakes, I just buy them!

Suzanne said...

Happy Birthday! Ethan is my favorite 2 year old!

Unknown said...

Ahhh, the year of the two's! Cute pictures of Ethan, he really is such a darling little guy! He's definetely not a baby anymore huh?

Kelsey said...

What a cutie! Wow, time flies...