Friday, July 18, 2008

Island Park












We just got home a couple of days ago from a wonderful trip to Island Park, Idaho. If you have never been, I would highly recommend it. It is so beautiful there and so much to do. We had all of my immediate family there--12 adults and 18 grandchildren!! We rented this gorgeous cabin. It was huge and accommodated us all really well. I have to say a huge thank-you to my sister-in-law Andrea for telling me about this cabin.
We all arrived Thursday late afternoon. The kids were dying to get in the hot tub. Soon after they got in, Uncle Kevin joined them. He is a kid himself and this is why all the grandkids love him so much! Soon after Kevin got in, Aunt Laura did too, but not by choice!! She was a good sport and the kids had a blast with her too!!
We spent all of Friday at Yellowstone. I haven't been there in years, so it was nice to go back . The kids loved yellowstone and thought Old Faithful was especially "cool". We also hiked through the paint pots, and took a break for the kids to play in the water at firehole flats. Our only animal sightings were a bald eagle and buffalo(which were responsible for a 40 minute traffic jam).
Saturday was spent exploring Island Park. We went to Big Springs, equipped with a loaf of bread to feed all the trout--which were basically non-existent--but the seagulls sure enjoyed it! Then it was on to Henry's Lake for fishing. Thanks to Uncle Brian the kids were able to go out on the lake in his fishing boat. My kids weren't lucky enough to catch anything, but some of their cousins were and we enjoyed a delicious meal of trout that evening. We also went to Mack's Inn to do some canoeing, kayaking, and paddle boats.
We enjoyed hikes, sightseeing, playing games, watching movies, smores, and just being together. It was a blast!!













On our way home Sunday we stopped in Rexburg so I could visit my old stomping grounds. It was really neat to drive through the town and see what has changed and what hasn't. It was neat to be there, it brought back so many fun and wonderful memories.




My sister and I outside our old apartment in Rexburg.













The new Rexburg Temple--amazing!



5 comments:

Jenna said...

I am loving the updates. What a fun place. We have never been to Island Park, but now I think we might. Have fun in Cali and I look forward to a girl's night out when you get back.

Jodi said...

Fun, fun, fun! I love Island Park- we have only been there in the winter though. I want to go back again! You gotta love Cassidy's dual peace signs in the hot tub! :)

Brooke said...

We went to Old Faithful on Friday, too. My mom talks about Mack's Inn all the time because she stayed there with her family each year while growing up. We had a family reunion there once. Anyway, it's such a beautiful area. I have been telling Greg that he has to go back with us next year.

Julie said...

Yeah - you got your pics up, i love Ethan in the backpack - too sweet! Great recap of such a fun family vacation :-)

Kelly said...

Linda,
Hoooray! Thanks for the pix and the commentary on such a fun trip. I can't believe how much I went through a postpartum when we got back. I absolutely fell in love with the family and all of those sweet little grandkids. I really missed everyone to the point of tears the week afterwards. Thanks again for the memories. I like this blog idea.