Monday, March 24, 2008

Ethan's First Birthday

This past Saturday my baby turned 1. I almost can't believe that a year has gone by. It is very bittersweet for me. I love it because he is so much fun at this age, but sad that he is growing up so fast. Ethan was a really good baby, very mellow and easy to calm down when he was fussy. He has brought a lot of joy into our home. The older kids were thrilled when they found out we were having another baby, and even more excited once he was actually here. They are great with him and love him more than I ever expected.


Ethan was born on March 22, 2007 at 2:39 pm. He weighed 8lbs and was 19 1/2 inches long. And today he is breaking my back at a whopping 24lbs 5oz and is 31 inches long. We had his 1 year well check today and am happy to say he is healthy, happy, and into everything!

ETHAN'S FIRST YEAR









For Ethan's first birthday we had a small family party. It was really nice to have everyone come celebrate with us. I decided since his birthday was the day before Easter that I would attempt to make an Easter bunny cake. My friend Trisha lent me her cake pans. It was two separate pans, one the front of the bunny and one the back side. Once they are baked you are supposed to be able to frost them, stick them together, and they stand up. The finished product is really cute, if you can accomplish this simple task. I won't go into all the long boring details, but after baking the cake and having my house fill with smoke because the batter is pouring out into the 350degree oven and then not having the cakes come out of the pans in one piece, I gave up. I took the pans back to Trish and thanked her for letting me borrow them and went on to complain about how I couldn't even cook a cake right. Well a while later I got a phone call from my wonderful sweet friend saying she had made me a new cake and had it baking in the oven and would bring it by once it was cool. I know you are all thinking what a great friend--and you are right--but it doesn't stop there. Trish came back over that night and stayed till midnight helping me decorate it. THANK YOU TRISH!! Take a look at our finished product!

But. . .did he enjoy the cake?

Of course, as long as it doesn't require too much effort!



Happy 1st Birthday Ethan! We love you!

2 comments:

Jodi said...

He weighs more than Callie! I love it- I always want to squish his adorable rolls!

Kelly said...

Linda, you are so funny. I loved this posting, and I'm so happy for you to have a friend like Trish.
The finished cake is adorable, and it looks like Ethan properly appreciated it.
What a good Mommy you are.