Monday, March 17, 2008

Feelin' The Love

So it's been about two weeks since my last post, and now I do two in the same day. Go figure. I have been really busy this last week and just haven't had the time to blog.
I just wanted to send out a HUGE thank-you to everyone who has helped me this past week. Andy has been gone to Ireland for the last 9 days and finally gets home late tonight. I already had a really busy week ahead of me and of course a few unexpected things always have to happen, just not the best time for him to be gone. I should have known it was going to be a crazy week when I woke up sick the day Andy had to leave. I just have to say I have the best mom, sister, in-laws, and friends.
My cute little sister helped me out big time at church one of my two Sunday's alone. I got a new calling and my first Sunday doing it Andy was gone. It kept me really busy, running around everywhere. She kept Ethan for me the whole time so I didn't have to worry about him at all. I ended up having to stay after church for about an hour or so. Laura brought my kids home, changed them, fed them, and cleaned up too. For those of you who have kids, you know what a big job this is!!
My mom babysat for me numerous times this past week so I could go to my class and also so I could go visit my neighbor and her new adorable baby boy in the hospital. She also ran Cassidy back and forth to piano for me, and of course kept me company in the little free time we had.
My in-laws checked on me almost everyday and told me if I needed anything they would be down ASAP. I didn't think I would have to take them up on it, but I did. I woke up in the middle of the night with a horrible pain in one of my teeth. I tried to wait till Andy got home this week to deal with it, but it got way to painful to handle. I figured I'd better get to the dentist before I overdosed on ibuprofen. Until you have had this, you don't realize how bad it can be. My father-in-law came and stayed with my kids for over 2 hours. They had a blast--at least the kids did! My mother-in-law even offered to come watch the kids on Saturday for a couple hours so I could get out. I will definitely take you up on that next time Pam!
As for all my friends/neighbors. I am so lucky to live in this neighborhood. We have the greatest friends ever! I can't even tell you how many people called and checked on me and offered to help in any way. I had one friend say to me that you know I would do anything to help you. And it's true, they all would.
This may be such a cheesy post and it may not seem like my week was that crazy(compared to most it wasn't) but this week just made me realize how blessed I am to have all these wonderful people in my life! THANKS!!

2 comments:

Jenna said...

OK...I am the worst friend who did not even know Andy was gone. In fact, today I was thinking how long it had been since we had talked! So now it is probably too late, but anything I can do to help? Please let me know.

Linda said...

Jeanna-I know you would help me anytime and I hope you know I would do the same for you. We haven't talked forever, but that is what is great about us. We can go awhile, but are still great friends.
I don't want anybody to think I meant this as a please feel sorry for me blog. We actually had a great week, just crazy. I really just wanted everyone to know how thankful I am for them!