Monday, March 3, 2008

Why I Love Cass. . .

I can't believe my Cass is 9! I have started to dread her birthday each year because that means that she is another year older, which means she is another year further away from being my baby. Cassidy was such a good baby and a perfect toddler. She was always so obedient. If she ever got into something I didn't want her to or did something she shouldn't, all I had to do was say no and she wouldn't do it again. Cassidy was just barely two years old when I was pregnant with my twins. I was really sick for the first 16 weeks and spent a lot of time in bed. I was not sure how I was going to take care of Cassidy every day. We decided to move a lot of her toys into our bedroom so I could keep an eye on her. She was so good, she would just entertain herself all day and never did anything she shouldn't. Cassidy was really smart as a little girl and still is. Cassidy learned to read fairly early. Once she learned she never wanted to stop reading. When she graduated from preschool her teacher gave each student an award. Cassidy received the award for the best reader. Her teacher said she was reading on a 4th grade level--at least. I am so glad her love for reading has continued to this day. She does really well in school. She is also a little social butterfly. She loves her friends and they love her. I have gone to eat lunch with her a few times at school and every time I do all her friends want to sit by her and play with her at recess. Probably my favorite thing about Cassidy is that she is so loving, forgiving, and genuinely cares about people and their feelings. She brings so many wonderful attributes into our family and we are definitely blessed to have her in our lives. We love you Cass!

Here are a couple of my favorite pictures of Cassidy. Enjoy!






4 comments:

Suzanne said...

I love your cute blog! I also love Cass. We think she is the Best!

Trisha said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Trisha said...

She is soooo cute! I love her pics, I still can't believe how much her and Ethan look alike in that first baby picture! Happy Birthday again Cassidy, we think you are wonderful!

Trisha said...

P.S.....sorry for the deleted comment, that would be ME! I accidentally put my comment above in twice! Sorry!