Saturday, June 21, 2008

Our Camping Weekend

The kids have been wanting to go camping for a while, so last weekend we headed into the treacherous mountains of. . .Morgan, Utah. We found an ideal spot. It had a nice, level, no rock campsite. There was a fire pit, trampoline, swimming pool, indoor plumbing, and most importantly a nice king size bed for Linda. Now where was this great spot that we found?? This was in Andy's parents backyard!! We really had it rough! We actually headed up to Morgan to spend a night and celebrate Father's Day with Andy's dad. The kids have been wanting to camp forever so we figured that was as good a time as any. My mother-in-law even made tinfoil dinners so we felt a little more like real campers. We had a great time. The kids swam a ton and loved it. We had a campfire and roasted marshmallows and made smores. Then Andy and the three older kids headed off to the tent to sleep, while Ethan and I headed inside for a nice quiet night. We had a really good time and I prefer this kind of "camping"!

Just some fun pictures of the kids enjoying the pool!







The kids outside the tent!


My mother-in-law was prepared with a fun craft for the kids to do the next morning!

5 comments:

Jodi said...

That is my kind of camping too! I love being outside, but then I want a comfy bed and running water at the end of the day! It looks like they had an awesome time!

Jenna said...

That sounds like some camping I might enjoy. It is a great compromise. Glad you guys had fun!

Brooke said...

Sounds like my kind of camping.

Jill said...

That is so fun, I wish Kyle would go for that, unfortunately he doesn't even count going up AF canyon as "real camping" because it's too close. I'm jealous!

Kelly said...

That looks like so much fun. Your kids are lucky that they have such cool grandparents and parents to cater to every whim they might have. Hopefully they will have a gentle landing into the real world.....bug bites, pebbles under your back, no plumbing, and can you ever really sleep well thinking a bear is going to come and eat you?
I want to go camping at John and Pam's.