Monday, August 18, 2008

Back To School!


It's here. . .the first day of school! My house is strangely quiet! It is going to take a couple days to get back into a routine. I haven't set my alarm clock for months and almost forgot last night. If Andy hadn't reminded me we would have slept through the first day of school! The kids were so excited to be back with their friends. I am one of those crazy moms who has to drive her kids to school the first day. I, of course, had to go in and walk the boys in to their classrooms(I know I have issues, but I am not the only mom who does it!!). I was fully prepared with my camera so I could pictures of them in their new classroom. You will notice that I do have some control, I didn't walk Cassidy to her classroom(didn't want to embarass her!) so I just got a picture of her and her friend Tatumn in the hall before she left. Here is what I am going to miss most about each of them:

I am going to miss Cassidy's help around the house. She is always so sweet to ask me what she can do to help me. She also loved playing with Ethan and would always help with him too. All summer long he would love going into her room with her and they would listen to music together and just have fun! He has already been in her room this morning looking for her!

I am going to miss Kaden's hugs and kisses. He is one who would always just come and give me a hug and kiss for no reason at all. He would also just come sit with me and talk. He is one who sometimes chooses to hang out with me rather than play with his friends. He always has tons of hugs and kisses for Ethan too!

I am going to miss Spencer's silly sense of humor. He is always doing some crazy thing that makes me laugh. My favorite is when he talks in his chimpmunk voice!! He is always good to do silly things that just make Ethan crack up!

2 comments:

Julie said...

Great pictures Linda! Oh, believe me, last year when Ryan went to Jr. High, i wanted to sneak in behind him just to make sure he made it to class alright . . . but I knew if I did, my son would never speak to me again :-).

Jodi said...

You are seriously the cutest mom! I love how much you love your kids. I was wondering why you walked to my house today- then I realized that your kids were back in school! It must feel so quiet in your house!