Thursday, August 14, 2008

Not Ready to Let Go


I woke up this morning with knots in my stomach. When I tell you why you are going to think I am crazy, but I am very serious. School starts in only four short days and I am nowhere near ready(emotionally) to let my kids go. I have to say that my kids have been great this summer. They have gotten along pretty well and we haven't had too many fights. We have had our moments, but they have been few and far between. I have adjusted to having Cassidy gone all day because we have been doing it for four years now, but this year I am being dealt a double whammy! This year I send my twins to school ALL DAY! Kindergarten was great last year. They were gone all morning, and I could run errands and do things around the house without having to bore them with all that stuff. Then I would eagerly look forward to them coming home in time to have lunch with me and they would be here with me all afternoon. It really was the ideal situation. Now, my days will be empty without them here. However, it is really ironic that I feel this way. When the boys were first born it was a really stressful time for me. I was really overwhelmed. I remember thinking I couldn't wait till they were older and easier and would be gone to school all day and then I could have some time to myself. Well that time has come a lot faster than I had hoped and I wish I could take back those words and even a few years.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Life moves forward, doesn't it? I guess that's why we have to treasure each moment while we have it. I LOVE this picture of you and your boys. They will do great, and so will you. Ethan will love having you to himself. Enjoy.

Anonymous said...

Great post, Mom!! I'll miss you alot!

Jenna said...

What a cute picture. I can't believe they are going to 1st grade. I still remember holding them when they were babies. You're such a good mom. I will probably be pushing mine out the door!