Wednesday, September 24, 2008

My Little Helper


Ethan is at such a fun age! He has gotten a lot more fun over the past few months because he understands so much more. It is so fun to be able to tell him what to do and to watch him follow your instructions. He has also developed quite the personality and loves to make us all laugh. He really keeps us entertained and is definitely the center of attention in our house. It is so fun to watch the older kids with him. They love telling him to do silly things and to try to get him to say new words. I was a little nervous about how he would do alone with me all day while the kids are in school, but it has been WONDERFUL! I definitely miss the older kids, but my house is so quiet and I really enjoy that. Ethan just follows me around each day as I do my stuff. He loves to help me. He is great at cleaning up toys and putting things in the kids bedrooms for me. When I am doing laundry he loves to hold all the hangers and hand them to me one at a time so I can hang all the clothes up. The other night Andy was getting ready to give Ethan a bath. After Andy undressed him he told Ethan to go put his clothes in his room. Ethan promptly picked up his clothes and carried them all the way to his room. It was great. Well, the next night things got even better. Andy had finished undressing him and before he could even tell him what to do, Ethan grabbed his clothes and took them to his room without even being asked. He not only carries his clothes to his room but he puts them in his laundry basket too!! He is definitely my child!!

8 comments:

Brooke said...

Seriously? You have trained him to clean up after himself? That's amazing! I need your help over here.

Trisha said...

Holy cow amazing!! He is so advanced! What a smartie!

Jodi said...

Cute! I love the helper age too! Callie loves to put things away and organize. I don't know where she gets that from either. I love Ethan's cute smile on the first picture!

Suzanne said...

He is too cute. We missed him last week in nursery!

Laura Lil said...

Ethan's a cutie...and I want you to know I'm reading your blog!

Jenna said...

I love that picture...such a cute face! What a great helper...he needs to teach my boys!

Carrie said...

That's AWESOME!!!! Can he teach Becca?

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad for him that he gets you to himself for a few hours a day, Linda. He probably is thriving on being your little man.-k