Wednesday, October 8, 2008

So much to do, so little time

With the cold weather quickly approaching I have been trying to fit in a few outdoor activities before it is too cold. I have been meaning to take Ethan to the Thanksgiving Point animal farm and just hadn't got around to it. I also decided it would be fun to join a neighborhood playgroup since the older kids are in school all day. I thought it would be fun for Ethan to have other kids to play with. It worked out perfectly that our playgroup was already planning to go to the animal farm. Ethan is really obsessed with animals right now and he had a great time at the farm. When Ethan gets excited about something he screams--happy screams--but he is really LOUD! Let's just say he was really excited to see the animals!! He also got to have his first pony ride. He absolutely loved it! It was so fun to watch his face as he rode, he was all smiles! After the farm we went to the cafe and ate lunch. I have actually never eaten there and it was wonderful! It was so much fun to just hang out with the girls and have the kids be together! Here are some pictures from our fun outing.

Ethan on his pony ride


Ethan and Rowan watching the chickens

Ethan feeding the goats. All the kids loved this and were so brave to let them eat out of their hands!

Ethan and Isaac watching the goats


I have also been wanting to take the kids to a duck pond. When I heard that there was one down by BYU I was really excited. On the drive down I kept telling Ethan that we were going to go see the ducks and he quacked almost the whole way there!! We took all the kids and met my sister and her boyfriend down there. I have to say I loved this duck pond. It was in such a pretty setting and there were tons of ducks. My kids were in heaven. We brought a loaf of bread with us and they all had a blast feeding the ducks, although I think Ethan may have eaten more bread than he shared with the ducks! This will definitely be something we do together as a family more often!






4 comments:

Jodi said...

I don't want the good weather to come to an end! I am so sad! I am happy that Ethan enjoyed the farm so much. We have got to get back there before it gets too cold as well.

Kelsey said...

What a precious boy! Does he remind you of your twins? Or is he his own?

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the cute post, Linda. I miss you guys. Kaden looks almost as tall as Cassidy in this bottom photo.-k

Unknown said...

Cute pictures. It was fun at the farm. I have got to try that duck pond out too, Isaac would love that!! I need your email so I can invite you to my blog as well. Send me an email at cristinanaylor@hotmail.com.