Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Seattle

I just got back from a great trip to Seattle! My nephew was being baptized so I thought I would take the opportunity to go and have some time with my sister. I haven't been to Seattle for about a year and half and it was nice to go back. I used to fly up there every summer since I was 15 and would spend weeks with my sister. I have some great memories from those trips. Every time I would go up there we would find some new thing to do either in Seattle or the surrounding area. There is always something neat and exciting to see and do. I don't get up there as often as I would like now that I have kids and they are busy in school. This trip was especially nice because I had NO KIDS with me. Don't get me wrong, I LOVE my kids, but who doesn't need a break! I was gone for five days and missed the kids a ton, but it was a fun trip. My mom also flew up there with me so it was great to have time with her as well. We hung out, shopped, did stuff for the baptism, and talked, talked, talked!! I have to say a HUGE thank you to my wonderful husband who took GREAT care of the kiddos while I was gone. He is so great to encourage me to go and to deal with all the day to day stuff by himself.
It was a great baptism, and I am glad I was able to be there for it.

My cute nephew and I at the baptism

Mt. Ranier from the airplane window--so beautiful

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

We were all so glad to have you here for the baptism. The food was amazing thanks to you...people in my ward are still talking about it. I was reading Josh's journal entry about his baptism today...after he said who was there and what we did, etc. he said "when I went under I kept my eyes open". I thought that was cute. Thanks again for coming and for doing ALL the food!!

Jodi said...

I am glad you enjoyed your trip! I LOVE Seattle. I really think I could live there. I know that Cassidy missed you because she told me how excited she was to have you home on Sunday!

Trisha said...

Looks like you guys had a blast! What a nice break, and neat that you got to spend quality time with your mom before she leaves. I love Seattle too, such a fun city!

Kelsey said...

I have never been to Seattle, can you believe that? It's so great hearing from you! I can't believe how big little Ethan is! Keep in touch! Do I remember you... you're such a nerd! Cute blog!

Pat Cantera said...

Hi Linda,

Thank you for taking the time to keep your blog updated. I'm listening to Josh Groban right now and that's really cool. We had such a good time at his show. Reading the blog makes me feel like I just spent some time with the kids. I love it!

PCS personal companion service said...

Personal Companion Service

Taking new Clients!
'BEING ALONE'S OVER'