Saturday, November 22, 2008

Birthday Bash!


The boys really had a full week of celebrations for their birthday. It started off last Friday night when their cousin Sophie came to spend the weekend with them. Since it is their off year for a party they got to choose a restaurant to go to for dinner and an activity to do as a family. This year they chose Red Robin and ice skating. We had a great dinner and were joined by Laura and Jon. After dinner we all went ice skating. The kids did great. They started out a little nervous and were holding on to the side for help, but by the end of the night they were all skating by themselves. Spencer is the only one who hadn't been skating before so it was a little more difficult for him. He took a really bad fall on the ice and that was it for him. Hopefully he will try again another time.



Sunday was the boys actual birthday and we thought we would celebrate by having our extended family over for cake and ice cream. The only problem: none of them could come--except for Andy's parents!! We ended up just having a bunch of our good friends from the neighborhood over instead. We had a great time just visiting, eating, and letting the kids play!

Look at this great Jazz cake I made--NOT! My MIL actually thought I made this, which I will take as a compliment that she thinks I am capable of even making something this nice! I need to say a HUGE thank you to our friends Jerry and Vickie for the AWESOME(as the boys would say)cake!

The boys showing off their favorite gift--IPOD Shuffles

Such handsome boys!

Fun with friends!

Here is the perfect example of how helpful Kaden is. After everyone left on Sunday I was busy cleaning up the kitchen. He came down and got out the vacuum and set it up and starting vacuuming the kitchen without even being asked to!

On Monday Ethan and I got to go to the school and take birthday treats in to Kaden and Spencer's classes. Ethan loved seeing his brothers at school and even got to be a "big kid" and sit with Spencer at his desk while we were in his class.


The boys finished up their birthday celebrations Friday night. My dad flew in to town on Thursday to take the boys to a hockey game on Friday night. The boys LOVED every minutes of it!


What a couple of spoiled 7 year olds!!

4 comments:

Trisha said...

It looks like they had SO much fun with all their birthday celebrations, how special. Happy Birthday Spencer & Kaden! Thank you for letting us join your celebration!

Jenna said...

I can't believe they are 7! Has it been that long since I held those cute babies? It looks like they had a great birthday!

Brooke said...

Whoo! That was quite the birthday week.

Julie said...

Great pics! Thanks again for inviting Sophie to all the birthday festivities, it's fun to see her in action. I just heard from Katie that your kids are sick I'm feeling horrible about it - totally my fault, dang it! I promise I'll make it up to you guys.