Sunday, November 16, 2008

Where have the last SEVEN years gone??

I am really having a hard time believing that my twins are 7 years old. The time has gone way too fast. We have a tradition that on our kids birthdays we watch their videos from after they were born. They love seeing themselves as little babies. It was kind of emotional to watch the video tonight. It brought back a lot of memories. Here is just a quick story of what happened seven years ago today.
I was 38 1/2 weeks along and set to be induced on Nov. 16th. I was supposed to go in to the hospital fairly early in the morning. My mom had stayed at our house the night before so she could take care of Cassidy. The hospital called that morning and told us that they were really full and they would call us when there was room. The day dragged on and on with no call from the hospital. We finally got the call around 4pm that afternoon that we could come in. We left immediately for the hospital. When we got there they told us that they had tried to call us back and tell us not to come because they had gotten really busy again, but since we were already there we could stay--THANK GOODNESS! I was put on pitocin around 5pm, and Kaden was born at 9:01pm, and Spencer was born at 9:08pm. The thing that stands out the most in my mind is that my epidural didn't work at all!!!! It was the most painful thing ever, but worth it! We were so lucky to have two healthy baby boys. Kaden weighed in at 6lbs 12oz, and Spencer was 7lbs 2oz.
The first year was a complete blur. I really don't remember a lot because I think I blocked a lot of it out. It was extremely HARD. Before I had them I knew it would be hard, I mean double everything of a baby sounds difficult. But until you actually have to do it you don't realize how exhausting it really is. But I am happy to say we all survived!! I am so blessed to have these two sweet boys in my life. They have brought so much joy(and noise) into our home. Kaden is my sweet protective one. He loves to help me and is so caring. Spencer is our little comedian. He loves to get a good laugh out of people. He has a great imagination, his little mind is always working.
Happy Birthday Kaden and Spencer!! I love more than you can imagine!!!!!!

Here are some pictures of the twins!
THEN:













NOW:



5 comments:

Trisha said...

Ohhhhhh, they are SO cute! I love that picture of them kissing Cass with their hands in their pockets, adorable! (Landon thinks Kaden looks like Ethan).

Brooke said...

Oh, those are adorable pictures. I think Andy looks like a doctor in his picture and in the picture of the twins in their crib, Kaden looks just like Ethan. I thought it was Ethan at first.

Julie said...

Linda - these pics made me cry! I can't believe how much our kids have grown. Is still remember the twins' blessing and Sophie just a little tyke herself! Thanks again for having Sophie down to celebrate the big 7 with the boys :-).

The Bingham Family said...

What cute boys! I think the last time we saw them they were three or four. Time does fly! We do need to get together again.
Love the pictures!

Heather said...

So cute! What fun memories. My boys had those exact Easter outfits that year--one yellow and one blue! So funny.
Happy birthday, boys. We'll need you to come play when we're not sick anymore!